We are looking for a Rails developer to work on our flagship application. We have been developing Luigi’s Box for several years, so it’s not a project on a green field. We have plans for new features, updating existing ones. Bug fixes and minor improvements will be your responsibility. You will work in tandem with the frontend developer in charge of Vue.js and styling, and you will focus on the backend. Experience with the frontend is not required, but it’s a plus.
You can see the app live at https://demo.luigisbox.com/. It is a demo, so you can see maybe 50% of what’s in it after logging in. Each of our 1,500+ clients comes into contact with this application, regardless of which part of Luigi’s Box services they use. It includes search and recommender analytics, search setup, synonym management, merchandising, billing, and feed management. And then, there is an internal administration part, a separate universe, which clients don’t see
What do we expect from you
- Elementary experience with Ruby and Rails. The position is also suitable for a beginner.
- Knowledge of web development principles. You should know what HTTP, headers or cookies are.
- Basics of SQL.
- Eagerness and motivation to work on a larger project in a systematic way.
What you can expect from us
- Being a part of an experienced team with people who worked with Ruby and Rails at times when it wasn’t cool.
- Mentoring and willingness to help.
- Tests and test-writing culture. You will find thousands of tests that run after each CI commit.
- We deploy multiple times a day, as needed.
- Flexible working hours, but we expect a significant overlap with 9-17. We are not looking for a night owl that works from 9 pm to 6 am, but if you need to go to a shop or pick up your children from school during the day, it is no problem.