- What is Typesense?
- What is Algolia?
- What is Luigi’s Box?
- Typesense vs Algolia vs Luigi’s Box: feature comparison details
- No-code self-service integration
- Advanced CEE language support
- Offline A/B test
- Adaptive AI capabilities
- Voice search
- Recommender & personalization
- Product listing platform
- Automatic synonym suggestions & stopwords
- Algolia vs Typesense vs Luigi’s Box: benefits
- Benefits of Typesense
- Benefits of Algolia
- Benefits of Luigi’s Box
- Why you should choose Luigi’s Box
- Frequently asked questions
Search is the secret success recipe for every online experience. Customers want quick access to relevant products, and as a store owner, you want them to find their desired product on the first page for quick conversion.
If your customers cannot find relevant products, would they return to buy anything? Perhaps not. In fact, our Search Benchmarks & Insights 2023 report suggests that one-third of customers leave the e-shop immediately after a failed search. They go to your competitor, and you miss out on revenue.
Search engines designed for e-commerce provide an accurate search experience for your customers. With features like full-text search, personalization, and various integrations, search engines can improve your e-commerce ROI massively and ensure customer satisfaction.
Typesense and Algolia are two leading search platforms powering numerous digital experiences. This article will provide a detailed comparison of Typesense vs Algolia to help e-commerce stakeholders understand the nuances of search platforms. And while we are at it, we’ll tell you exactly why you should choose Luigi’s Box as your preferred e-commerce search and product discovery platform.
What is Typesense?
Introduced in 2015, Typesense is an open-source search engine for building low-latency, typo-tolerant digital search experiences accessible via an intuitive REST API. It is optimized for speed with in-memory indices and offers low operational overhead during deployment with no runtime dependencies, resulting in a developer-friendly API experience.
It is best suited for building fast product browsing in e-commerce stores, searching millions of listings on tourism sites like Airbnb, or powering book or movie search websites.
What is Algolia?
Algolia is a proprietary AI-powered search and discovery SaaS platform with hosted deployment. It offers a set of APIs with full-text, faceted search operations that can be seamlessly integrated into websites and mobile applications, delivering relevant search results in real-time.
With applications across industries, the Algolia instant search tool is best suited for building SaaS search experiences, e-commerce product discovery, digital content discovery, and workplace search.
What is Luigi’s Box?
Luigi’s Box is an AI-powered no-code site search and product discovery platform that offers personalized recommendations and advanced search analytics to increase your conversion rates, repeat purchases, and average order value.
With over 3000 e-commerce customers, Luigi’s Box provides a lightning-fast search engine best-suited for industries like healthcare, groceries, fashion, and sports. It can also power B2B and SaaS domains with advanced search features, numerous customization options, and easy self-service integration. Moreover, it can simplify your customer’s access to relevant products and services on your telco and financial services websites.
Now, let’s delve into the direct comparison between Typesense vs Algolia vs Luigi’s Box to find out which search engine is suitable for your business.
Typesense vs Algolia vs Luigi’s Box: feature comparison details
Let’s look at how each of the search engines handles the features given above.
No-code self-service integration
Luigi’s Box provides an easily implementable and deployable search application without needing any coding knowledge or IT skills. Algolia partially offers no-code capabilities for data connectors and merchandising interfaces. Typesense does not offer this feature.
Advanced CEE language support
All three search engines provide multiple language support, but Luigi’s Box provides advanced additional support for Central and Eastern European languages used in more than 30 countries.
Offline A/B test
Luigi’s Box advanced search engine provides an offline A/B testing feature that enables store owners to test their websites locally instead of running experiments in a production environment. On the other hand, Algolia offers online A/B testing, while Typesense does not provide any out-of-the-box testing feature and relies on external A/B testing platforms.
Adaptive AI capabilities
Luigi’s Box and Algolia offer Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities to improve product recommendations and relevancy rankings based on user behavior and product performance data to improve search conversions. Typesense does not offer AI adaptability in search.
Both Luigi’s Box and Algolia provide voice search capabilities that allow website visitors to find products based on voice commands. Typesense does not offer this feature.
Recommender & personalization
Both Luigi’s Box and Algolia offer out-of-the-box features for product recommendation and search result personalization based on data gathered from previous site interactions. With Typesense, users can manually implement recommendation and personalization features using their vector search feature. They are not available as out-of-box features.
Product listing platform
Luigi’s Box and Algolia offer specially designed product listing platforms with dynamic filters, ranking, and merchandising to streamline e-commerce operations, while Typesense requires manual implementation.
Automatic synonym suggestions & stopwords
Luigi’s Box and Algolia make it easier for visitors to browse and find products using dynamic synonym suggestions based on frequent users’ search queries. They also allow the removal of stop words in queries. However, Typesense does not offer these features.
Algolia vs Typesense vs Luigi’s Box: benefits
Between the three, each search engine has its unique strengths. Let’s look at them below.
Benefits of Typesense
Typesense exhibits an advanced search functionality with tunable ranking, dynamic sorting, and low memory requirements. It offers many key benefits for e-store vendors and customers, such as:
- Open-source search – With over 15K GitHub stars and 7M Docker pulls, Typesense frames itself as the open-source alternative to Algolia and Elasticsearch. It has a vibrant community of contributors that are releasing more features frequently. It offers more flexibility to businesses to tailor their search algorithms and features as per their requirements.
- Batteries-Included developer experience – Typesense is called “batteries-included” because it provides the simplest developer workflow to implement most of the use cases out-of-the-box, reducing time to market. Just run the Docker image, create a data collection, and execute search queries.
- Pricing flexibility and cost-effectiveness – Typesense opensource platform is free to download and install in your own server infrastructure. Hence, you can control the pricing as per requirements. They also offer Typesense Cloud, which provisions a dedicated cluster at fixed hourly costs and bandwidth charges.
Benefits of Algolia
Algolia is an efficient alternative to Typesense offering custom ranking rules, concurrent search queries, and an awesome search experience for e-store visitors. Let’s look at its key benefits below.
- Robust search analytics – Algolia’s search solution offers an intuitive dashboard that tracks important search metrics like click-through rate, no-result rate, conversion rate, searches without clicks, etc. The platform can distinguish users to run tailored analytics, exclude specific queries from analytics, and segment analytics data to identify discrepancies quickly.
- Search relevance – Relevance determines how accurate search results are in response to the search query. Algolia search tool incorporates relevance into every aspect of the search and discovery experience. It has an eight-factor ranking criteria, including typo tolerance, geo search, exact word matching, filter matching, proximity matching, etc, to optimize search relevance for visitors.
- Enterprise search server scalability – Algolia provisions a cluster of three servers to provide consistent access to the search engine. For large data operations, it offers Multi-Cluster Management (MCM) so that your data can span multiple clusters and be easily queried when needed, regardless of data size.
Benefits of Luigi’s Box
Luigi’s Box is one of the leading closed-source search engines that offer advanced search capabilities for e-store vendors and a delightful search experience for customers. Let’s look at its key benefits.
- Impeccable language processing – As a typo-tolerant search engine, Luigi’s Box offers precise natural language processing features to minimize the possibility of slow or incorrect searches. The system can tolerate typos, handle custom stop words, lemmatization, complex queries, and figure out grammatical forms in non-English languages. As a result, your e-shop can experience better product discovery and have more chances of attracting new customers.
- Search result personalization – E-shops can gain a loyal customer base by providing customers with a unique shopping experience. Luigi’s Box can determine products that interest specific customers and rank them higher in search results, resulting in improved chances of getting a sale.
- Increase conversions with better ranking match – Store owners can increase conversion rate with AI-powered search ranking that automatically selects the best product matches for every customer query. Also, search analytics enable e-shops to find and rectify low-conversion and zero-result searches.
Why you should choose Luigi’s Box
Currently rated 3rd best e-commerce search software on G2 with a 4.8 out of 5 rating, Luigi’s Box has catered to e-commerce and retail businesses for years. Our precise search functionality helps customers find exactly what they are looking for. Our significant offerings include:
Luigi's Box boasts powerful search features that enable e-shop owners to understand their customers on a deeper level with AI-powered insights. The system collects multiple data points to discover how customers search for specific products and identify lost opportunities. It can keep track of high-performing and underperforming search queries to optimize product positions.
Easy self-service integration
Luigi's Box offers numerous e-shop integrations with 3rd party plugins and tools like Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Drupal, Magento, WordPress, Laravel, Shopware, WooCommerce, etc. For all integrations, store owners don't require IT specialists. All it takes is a single custom code snippet added to your website, and you are good to go.
Dedicated support team
Luigi's Box boasts a dedicated team of highly skilled professionals who can cater to the needs of store owners without any hassle, resulting in unmatched user satisfaction. Our reviewers at G2 rate our Quality of Support as 9.6 out of 10, which is a testament to our commitment towards our customers.
All tools in one box
Luigi's Box is a complete end-to-end search engine with state-of-the-art Search, Analytics, Recommender, Product Listing, Product Discovery, Personalization, and Merchandising tools.
Consistently exceptional G2 ratings
Frequently asked questions
What is an e-commerce search software?
An e-commerce search software or search engine returns highly relevant search results in response to an e-shop visitor’s search query within milliseconds. Some search engines start returning results as soon as the visitor starts typing the search query. Such search services are called Search-as-you-type.
What are some search engine alternatives for Algolia?
List of alternatives for Algolia includes Luigi’s Box, Typesense, and Elasticsearch.
Which search engine is better between Typesense and Algolia?
Both search engines provide core search capabilities that are suitable for most businesses. However, Algolia offers more AI-powered capabilities and out-of-the-box features compared to Typesense. But, the choice of the tool depends on your business requirements and budget.
What are the different types of searches available in search engines?
Search engines perform searches based on numerous factors, such as Geo Search, Semantic Search, Contextual Search, Fuzzy Search, Neural Search, Vector Search, Document Search, etc. Each search type offers different search results and serves different purposes.