- Ways to increase e-commerce revenue
- #1 Make searching for products easy
- #2 Use analytics tools
- #3 Provide relevant product recommendations to customers
- #4 Make your website user-friendly
- #5 Be active on social media
- #6 Try out A/B testing
- #7 Take care of your loyal customers
- #8 Improve your Search Engine Optimization strategy
- #9 Keep your customers coming back using discount codes
- #10 Make monitoring metrics a habit
- #11 Make your site mobile-friendly
- #12 Encourage your customers to buy
- #13 Respond to customer reviews
- Increase your e-shop’s revenue with Luigi’s Box
We prepared a blog post with top-notch revenue growth tactics and will guide you on how to implement them.
So, without further ado, let’s jump straight into details, shall we?
Ways to increase e-commerce revenue
We’ve gathered 13 essential methods for you.
#1 Make searching for products easy
Thanks to Luigi’s Box, you can provide your customers with a fantastic customer experience with their site search and product recommendations powered with Artificial Intelligence.
Let’s check what solutions it offers.
- A search bar allows your customers to find products quickly. Also, thanks to AI, Luigi’s Box prioritizes relevant products to the search terms.
- An autocomplete simplifies and speeds up product search. There’s no need to type the full product title in a search box. Instead, an autocomplete suggests the results before customers type the term into a search bar.
- Get rid of “no results” e-commerce searches with Luigi’s Box. The software deals perfectly with typos and misspellings to eliminate inaccurate results. Moreover, with autocorrection assistance, shoppers always get relevant product suggestions.
✨ Also, with an optimized product catalog, you maximize product search efficiency.
#2 Use analytics tools
There are many analytical tools available on the market that might help you to increase e-commerce revenue. They are great support because…
They can help you understand your customers better
By understanding who your customers are and what they want, you can tailor your offerings to them more effectively. For example, you can see how frequently they search for specific products or how many searches have resulted in higher conversion rates and improved customer satisfaction. And you can quickly get this data using Luigi’s Box Analytics.
Analytical tools can help you optimize your website for conversions
By understanding how users interact with your site, you can make changes that will help you to close more online sales. Also, with Luigi’s Box analysis tools, it is easy to find bugs that direct users to the wrong landing page and fix them immediately.
The tools help plan campaigns more effectively
Tracking how your customers behave makes it easy to create campaigns that drive revenue. Luigi’s Box is a great platform that shows your customer’s preferences, so you can adjust your marketing strategy and attract potential buyers.
#3 Provide relevant product recommendations to customers
When customers browse for a product, make sure you display relevant suggestions. A user must be able to find items connected to the product they are looking for. For example, when a customer is looking for a hat, they might want to find a matching scarf in the recommendation box.
It increases the possibility of buying a complementary product. And also, it is a way of shortening the shopping path. A user does not need to type the query in the search box. Instead, they can find a related item in the suggestion section with just one click.
Luigi’s Box provides this solution as well. As a result, you can implement a recommender in your e-commerce site and make shopping a seamless experience.
#4 Make your website user-friendly
An easy-to-navigate website is crucial when you want to boost ecommerce sales. When a website is unintuitive, potential customers may go shopping elsewhere. The ecommerce market is a big one, and there are many competitors out there.
A user-friendly website is a standard nowadays. That’s why you should put yourself into customers’ shoes and check if a customer journey is a smooth process.
Here’s a handy checklist. Make sure that:
- Your website’s loading time is as short as possible
- Getting in touch with customer service is easy
- Return policy is clearly described
- Customers are able to find social media links easily
- Prices, product availability, and shipping costs are easily accessible
- Your key CTAs (call to action) are an above-the-fold region of the website
- It is convenient to find products using a smart search bar
- You use e-commerce tools that increase your sales
- The checkout process is quick (make sure guest checkout is possible)
The list is endless, but we’ve gathered the most crucial guidelines. Following these tips helps turn unsatisfied prospects into happy customers and increase profit margins.
#5 Be active on social media
Social media platforms are really powerful. Approximately five billion people are active on social media today. It’s a huge number, isn’t it? Luckily, e-commerce businesses can use it to their advantage by creating social media campaigns to reach more and more people.
Also, social media tactics like targeted advertising, building a community, or collaborating with influencers or celebrities are excellent ways to generate revenue. Implementing these tips to your marketing strategy is definitely a good idea.
Also, by being active on social media, you increase brand awareness. It means that users are aware of your presence, and even if they’re not your customers, they know about you. So, it is more likely to buy your products later on.
What’s more, delivering valuable online content is also a way of attracting new consumers. And not only! It’s mutually beneficial – social media is a fantastic source of insight into buyers and target audiences. For example, about their shopping preferences and behavior – you can see how many people visit your website by clicking the link included in the post.
#6 Try out A/B testing
A/B testing is the method of doing user experience research. Audiences view two or more versions of a website or its elements. And then, researchers check which version is better. In other words, they analyze which version generates more conversions.
This way, you can find out what design, content, or methods are most effective. For instance, you can check what CTA, form fields or title work better. So, if you are unsure what can increase your e-shop’s revenue, don’t be afraid to test it using A/B tests.
💡 Actionable CTAs reduce shopping cart abandonment.
Audiences are unique, and their preferences may change over time. Such experiments will give you a bigger picture of your target audience.
#7 Take care of your loyal customers
Loyal customers are committed to the brand – they most likely choose you over your competitors. Buyers that are coming back are precious to the business. There are many ways how you can enhance customer loyalty, such as by running a loyalty program. Offering special offers and other benefits to them is one of the best ways to keep your customers doing business with you.
To gain more loyal customers, you should:
- Promote your loyalty program
- Make people join it with special offers or incentives for club members
- Ask for feedback and product reviews
Using these tips will help you to develop a strong group of customers who will stay with you for a long time.
#8 Improve your Search Engine Optimization strategy
A search engine-optimized website may benefit your business on many levels. For instance, thorough keyword research will help you increase your website’s visibility in the browser. To be more specific, keywords are the search terms people type in search engines to find relevant results.
Also, an effective SEO strategy will boost your website’s traffic and expand your customer base. The more people who visit your website, the more likely someone will buy your products or services.
Unfortunately, without SEO, it’s hard to rank in organic searches. Such searches drive more than half of search engine traffic on your website, so it’s worth the effort. The best way to enhance your SEO strategy is to hire a professional. It will take the burden off your shoulders so that you can focus on other significant issues.
When working with an SEO expert isn’t possible, there are a few helpful tips.
- Search for keywords appropriate for your website.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Create unique titles, headings, and product descriptions.
- Use customers’ language to describe products (customers’ reviews).
You’ll be happy you did it, even if it seems like a lot of work.
#9 Keep your customers coming back using discount codes
Discount codes are very effective and may lead to massive revenue increases. The key is to do it strategically. Here is how you can utilize them to the fullest.
- Use an attractive code. Your code should be something that will stand out and be easy for customers to remember. A good discount code will make customers more likely to use it and come back to your store for shopping.
- Promote your code regularly. Ensure your customers know about the discount codes by promoting them through various channels such as email, social media, or your ecommerce website.
- Keep track of how many people use the discount code. This information helps you gauge how effective the codes are at driving repeat business. If you see a significant increase in sales after implementing a discount code campaign, you’ll know it’s worth continuing in the future.
#10 Make monitoring metrics a habit
To know how your e-shop performs, you need to track metrics regularly. By doing so, you will be able to make more informed decisions and catch any areas that deserve attention and improvement.
Here are the most important ones.
- Bounce rates – they show the percentage of people who enter your website and leave without viewing any other pages or interactions. It is the number of visitors who bounced off your website.
- Pages per session – thanks to this metric, you can check how many pages were viewed by visitors during a single session. The higher the number, the more interested and engaged customers are.
- Ecommerce conversion rates – it is one of the most significant metrics that inform how effective your campaigns and marketing efforts are. It helps you track how many users bought your products or services.
- Average order value (AOV) – if you want to know how much money your customers spend on your products on average, the AOV metric will show you the data. Also, it hints at which products are the most popular ones.
With Google Analytics, you can keep track of all those metrics. However, these are only a few of them. To learn more, get a detailed look at the essential metrics for e-commerce.
#11 Make your site mobile-friendly
When a website is mobile-friendly, it means it can be conveniently viewed and used on a mobile device. Nowadays, more and more people are using their phones and tablets to access the internet. In that case, if a site is not optimized for mobile, it can be hard to read or use on a small screen. It may result in giving up on the checkout process and eventually purchasing. Moreover, a not mobile-friendly website makes buyers abandon their shopping carts.
As the graph shows, mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular for purchases. That’s why it’s worth designing online stores as effortless to use as possible. A website that is clear and easy to navigate using mobile devices makes prospective customers browse for products for longer.
A mobile-friendly interface and easy navigation greatly contribute to a positive customer experience. So, it is more likely that users will come back for more.
When in doubt about whether your ecommerce platform is optimized for mobile, take a look at Google Analytics, and look for the Device Category section. Also, it is a good idea to reach out to a UX designer.
#12 Encourage your customers to buy
Maybe it seems like an obvious thing to do, but many marketers forget about it. Motivating website or app users to make a purchase will make a difference. However, you need to put a little effort into it, for example, by using some psychological techniques.
Limiting the discount time or offering free shipping under certain conditions will speed up customers’ decisions. For instance, a 20% discount available only for 24 hours will make customers buy faster and boost ecommerce sales.
Also, remember that the language that you use is impactful. Phrases like “today is your last chance,” “the last opportunity to get it,” or “don’t miss this offer” may make a difference when presenting expiring promo codes.
Check out the most common e-commerce mistakes and bad practices to maximize your efforts.
#13 Respond to customer reviews
Online reviews are an integral part of online shopping. Before making a purchase, customers check if the product or service is reliable by going through the review section.
It is an excellent strategy to respond to your testimonials. By doing this, you show a genuine interest in customer feedback. However, be prepared to handle both negative and positive reviews. If a buyer is satisfied with the product and recommends it, write a short message and say thank you.
When there’re negative reviews, also say thank you for customer feedback. They spent time and money on your product, and if they’re disappointed, offer a refund. Remember to ensure dissatisfied users that you report the problem to the right department and assure that you’ll fix the problem.
💡 Keep in mind that customer reviews are an excellent inspiration for your product descriptions.
Increase your e-shop’s revenue with Luigi’s Box
Luigi’s Box is a great platform that helps ecommerce businesses to drive more online sales. Thanks to its tools, such as an AI-powered search bar, autocomplete, analytics, personalized results, filters, and others, you’ll provide a great shopping experience. And that contributes significantly to income growth.
Checking out use cases will give us a better understanding of how it works.
Why wait? Sign in to maximize your revenue today!
Barbora does magic with words in Luigi's Box as a product marketing specialist. She got into writing while studying at university as a volunteer for various civic associations. Besides being part of Luigi's Box marketing team, she co-organizes the TEDxBratislava conference, where she cares about marketing and PR.More blog posts from this author