How Electronicstar Realized the Importance of Search With Autocomplete

Luigi's Box adds more than 100,000 € a year on top of the first Slovak unicorn's revenue.

How Electronicstar Realized the Importance of Search With Autocomplete

First Slovak Unicorn

Electronic star is part of the global e-commerce company Berlin Brands Group (BBG), founded by Dominik Brichta and Peter Both in 2012. Their 40 e-shops offer consumer electronics and home appliances to customers in 26 countries. Thanks to a 2021 investment made by American company Bain Capital, BBG became the first Slovak company with a $1 billion valuation.

More than €100,000/year thanks to Luigi’s Box

Given our size, Luigi's Box brings us over €100,000 a year without much hard work for a price that was immediately returned multiple times.

Jakub Žilinčan
Chief Marketing Officer, Electronic-star

Overlooked Search Potential

In total, 82% of Electronic Star customers do not use search because they are incentivized to buy products immediately. Given this type of traffic, Electronic Star did not consider search a high priority. However, they missed out on the remaining 18% of customers who used search and sometimes got irrelevant results, leading them not to purchase the desired product.

Experimenting with Autocomplete

In April 2018, Luigi’s Box Customer Success Manager met with Electronic Star representatives and explained the value of search as a revenue stream. Within two weeks, the e-shop agreed to try out Autocomplete. The Luigi’s Box team took care of the technical implementation, so none of the client’s developers were required. Once the tool was incorporated, the e-shop eagerly waited for results.

Search with Autcomplete on Electronicstar website.
Luigi's Box Autocomplete finds relevant products before you finish entering the query.

Clear Opportunity in Search

Currently, only a small percentage of customers use Autocomplete while searching. Still, this brings in more than 100,000 EUR per year on top of standard revenue, mainly thanks to the conversion rate uplift, which is 40% better than from people who use standard search.

Seeing positive results, Electronic Star instantly realized the great potential of their search feature and decided to encourage customers to use it on the website. They are now trying to make searching for products easier and more fun so that more of their customers find and buy what they want.

How our clients benefit from Luigi's Box

11teamsports Scored a 38.46% AOV Increase With an Assist From Us

Experience how 11teamsports achieved a 38.46% surge in cart value! Luigi’s Box transforms search for Europe's premier team sports shop.

Read Case Study

Druck.at: +113,51% Increase in Search Conversion Rate

Experience druck.at's remarkable 113.51% surge in search conversion! Luigi’s Box revolutionized their search, lifting Austria's premier online print provider.

Read Case Study

Real Dutch Food: 48% Decrease in “No Search Results”

Real Dutch Food lowered the “no search results” by 48%, so the customers won’t be hungry for relevant results anymore.

Read Case Study

Tailoring Autocomplete for Zoot Brought a Fashionable Conversion Rate Increase of 2.5%

Zoot is an online fashion store and a part of the biggest Czech fashion house, Digital People. Along with its sub-brand, Bibloo it is present in 11 European countries, offering more than 1 million products from 300 fashion brands.

Read Case Study

Gandalf: +9.40% Uplift in AOV From Search

Gandalf.com.pl is a Polish e-shop with over 300,000 books, audiobooks, e-books, music, movies, games, and more.

Read Case Study
;