- What is Bloomreach?
- Why do companies need advanced search tools?
- When do you need to implement site search?
- What are the benefits of implementing an on-site search solution?
- What is the price for implementing Bloomreach or its competitors?
- What are the key search features to look for?
- Full-text search
- Front-end integration
- Synonyms detection and typo correction
- Best Bloomreach competitors
- Luigi’s Box
- Frequently asked questions
In the new era of customer experience, brands need to develop a sophisticated way to meet the expectation of digital shoppers. Digital shoppers need a smooth shopping experience with the speed of search and discovery. Bloomreach offers the solution to the expectation of digital shoppers through content, product discovery, and customer engagement.
What is Bloomreach?
Bloomreach offers a suite of products that drive personalization, customer journey, and digital commerce growth. It helps to get the right products in front of the right customers, at the right time, in the right channel. Bloomreach offers personalized recommendation engines, running emails and segmenting the audience. Its specialties are content management, customer data analytics, e-commerce personalization, content marketing, marketing automation, personalized merchandising, AI-driven search, personalization engines, and search engine optimization.
Why do companies need advanced search tools?
An advanced on-site search is a vital tool that e-commerce companies and other businesses should provide on their website or application. For companies, advanced search will be necessary to allow their users to access and use their platform quickly. It will enable users to locate content by searching for specific phrases without studying or exploring the entire website or app, making it a quicker or less complicated approach to accessing content.
E-commerce enterprises may utilize AI-powered search solutions to present the goods consumers are looking for intelligently and to fine-tune their queries. The advanced search collects critical data points on what your consumers desire and how they talk about those items or services, giving the companies insights on how they may optimize their offer specifically for them.
When do you need to implement site search?
There are plenty of reasons why you need to implement site search. For e-commerce platforms, the key attractions lie in convenience, accessibility, and variety, which calls for site search implementation. E-commerce with a wide variety of products will need an advanced search functionality to reduce the hustle of the user going through thousands of records to find a product.
Based on customer buying habits, you can grab attention and provide an experience that lasts. A good experience will lead to more page visits, and high traffic will mean higher SEO and improved brand engagement, thus meeting business goals. Below are scenarios that will prompt you to implement a site search.
- When you want to eliminate the site navigation hustle.
- When you want to improve user engagement and reduce bounce rate.
- When you want to improve branding and reinforce search engine optimization.
What are the benefits of implementing an on-site search solution?
An on-site search solution for e-commerce is essential. It helps improve the shopping experience, increases conversions, and gives users what they want easily and quickly. On-site search will contribute to revenue growth since it creates a good impression that will make users convert and retain them by allowing them to revisit the site. Its solution will enhance the user journey making your company convert, retain and stay ahead of the competition.
What is the price for implementing Bloomreach or its competitors?
The custom fee for implementing Bloomreach starts at $ 4000 per month, but the upfront fee varies depending on the client’s need. The number of customers you serve, the size of the catalog, and the number of events that you execute are the variables that will influence your customized pricing.
What are the key search features to look for?
Full-text search refers to finding results that contain all or some of the words of a query from extensive data stored electronically. It has several uses, like looking for products on an e-commerce site or searching for a particular dish in a restaurant with millions of records. This search can be accomplished using traditional string searches, but it’s only effective in small data sets.
It’s widely used because it encompasses searching a large amount of text. Faceted search is a valuable feature in e-commerce sites. It’s a technique used by e-commerce brands to help users analyze, organize and filter large product inventory based on size, color, brand, and price.
Front-end integration adds an interface to an application, a website, or other programs. E-commerce integration with search engines is an excellent idea to improve e-commerce functionalities. If you need to understand human behavior patterns on your site, you’ll need an analytics interface to help you get customer insights.
A search platform that provides visitors with customized results based on their preferences and behavior will do wonders for your company. Some platforms can analyze previous interests, purchase histories, and click sessions.
You can also use this to display sponsored results and prioritize overstock items or ones with higher profits.
Synonyms detection and typo correction
Luigi’s Box Search always offers Synonyms management and Typo correction features to bring relevant results. Specialists of Luigi’s Box know that customers can often make mistakes, misspellings, and typos while typing, that some products may have more than one name, or that customers can use slang terms. Allow your customers to find products that your e-shop contains regardless of these typos or slang words, and increase your sales and customer satisfaction.
Best Bloomreach competitors
Luigi’s Box provides users with personalized experiences for e-commerce websites. It’s powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. The software can understand individual customer behavior to provide better search results. Luigi’s Box works with mid-sized businesses, small businesses, enterprises, freelance, non-profits, or government institutions.
It also has online support and provides live training. Luigi’s Box products include site search, product recommendation, product listing, and real-time analytics.
- Search & Autocomplete – Smart search and autocomplete enable site visitors to quickly find the products they’re looking for, therefore reducing wasteful shopping time. It can deal with any search query, allows typo correction, dynamic results filtering, and much more.
- Personalized search – Luigi’s Box offers personalized search that tailors content on your website to the preferences of every individual.
- Recommender – Luigi’s Box offers personalized recommendations boxes that can be placed in any section of your website – home page, product details (up-sell), and similar products in the cart (cross-sell). Product recommendations do a great job of raising the average order value.
- Advanced language support – Based in Central Europe, Luigi’s Box understands the importance of search being able to recognize nuances of various languages. Their search supports almost 30 languages on a supreme level, allowing for exceptional intelligence in all major languages.
Luigi’s Box pricing is tailor-made. Provide them with general information through simple form and one of their specialists get in touch with you.
Luigi’s Box customer support is available on their contact-us page. If you have proposals, suggestions, or questions, you can fill out the form, make general inquiries via email, or use the phone number listed on the website. You can also get support through firstname.lastname@example.org or become a partner by contacting email@example.com.
- Easy integration
- Excellent User Experience (UX)
- Customer-friendly dashboard and data view
- More extensive dashboard and data view
It’s an AI and NLP-powered discovery suit founded in 2013. It combines the power of machine learning and natural language processing to improve search relevancy. It’s used by more than 3000 plus retailers around the world. The most known retailers using Klevu are Apotek, Yamaha, and Oneills.
- Smart recommendation – It displays relevant AI product recommendations based on search. It supports self-learning with each click, search query, or purchase. The wise recommendation improves with each click, buy and search query.
- Smart category merchandising – It supports drag-and-drop visual merchandising that helps businesses plan ahead of campaigns. It combines the power of AI and Merchandiser-friendly controls. It fine-tunes category pages by providing well-designed visual merchandising capabilities and dynamically ranking products on category pages.
- Smart search and filter – Klevu Smart Search solution delivers real-time search results based on shoppers’ behavior and intention. It uses natural language processing that allows a dynamic display of the most relevant search results.
- Personalization Engine – Klevu AI personalization engine allows the true personalization of web pages with even little history of interactions. It will enable the display of the most relevant products to shoppers at the most appropriate time.
Klevu search gives a 14-day trial. The upfront fee is free and recurring fees of $499 per month.
Klevu provides technical support through their help center or email at support(at)klevu.com. They have a get-in-touch form on their Contact Us page purposefully for support.
- It's easy to configure
- Easy to optimize
- Fully integrates with major e-commerce platforms
- Granular functionality is harder to implement, and it needs an expert
- Little control over customer experience elements like facets
- Deployment requires technical and coding knowledge
Syte is a product discovery platform for e-commerce. Visual AI, personalization, and NLP help to run search and discovery experiences for customers. Visual AI allows finding products that match their preferences throughout their search, leading to more conversions.
- Camera search – Camera search is a technology that allows users to search a website with photos instead of words. It’s a part of a range of visual AI-powered applications that enhance end-to-end customer journeys.
- Recommendation carousels – Recommendation carousels will increase the conversion rate, create a better experience, and increase the site’s average order value.
- Deep tagging – Deep tagging involves creating and assigning tags to items in the inventory order. Examples of product tags include size, color, brand, and style. Side tags lead customers from external search engines to your store.
- Augmented site search – Augmented site search is a search engine focused on one single website. Its function allows users to search specific website content and product using natural language processing and visual AI.
Depending on the business needs, there are different plans offered by Syte. To get a quote, you have to contact Syte’s team.
Syte has a customer support center that has dedicated professionals. To see how their platform work, you can contact them through their contact us page on their website. Alternatively, you can call for their support through firstname.lastname@example.org or find them on their social media handles.
- Visual search is astounding because users can find products by just uploading a picture
- Continuous product search and good discovery experience
- The dashboard is a little too complex to use
Celebros is a provider of conversion technologies available in seven languages. Celebros specializes in site search, e-commerce conversion technologies, merchandising tool solutions, revenue and conversion rate optimization, virtual categories, and autocomplete and recommendation engine.
- Intelligent site search – Celebros Intelligent site search is equipped with faceted navigation, dynamic landing pages, advanced autocomplete, and actionable analytics.
- Cross-platform – Celebros mobile allows work with all mobile and tablet devices across all platforms.
- Heat mapping analytics – Click Heatmaps allow you to know what exactly your clients are clicking on. The objects that your audience can click on are images, links, buttons, and navigation menus. There are also several other Heatmaps like Mouse movement Heatmaps, Scroll Heatmaps, and Real-Time Analytics.
- Custom-built search – Celebros will custom-build your search based on your unique business needs. It’s equipped with 250 natural language and semantic algorithm components to understand product and price attributes. Search types offered by Celebros include Long Tail Search, True Color Search, and Function Search.
To get a quotation for your project, you have to contact Celebros team.
Celebros guarantees the integrity of its solution with a well-trained customer support team that responds quickly. It advocates the use of hotline numbers or local celebros numbers. Celebros promises that a support engineer will handle your call within 30 minutes.
- Fast natural language search
- User-friendly interface and dashboard
- Customizing to look and impression of a company is time-consuming
- Analytics is not as descriptive as it should be
Unbxd is an e-commerce product discovery platform that uses advanced data science to connect shoppers to products they’re most likely to buy. It uses a deep learning ranking algorithm for higher conversion rates.
- AI-powered search – The search features for Unbxd include query suggestions, B2B searches reports and insights, A/B test, semantic search, dynamic ranking, and query suggestions, among others. Running an A/B test will create multiple digital experiences for specific customer segments.
- Unbxd PIM – Unbxd PIM offers a single centralized source for all product data in a simple and intuitive user experience. This enhances the quality of product information by simplifying the process of error detection and correction for a large volume of data resulting in consistent product information.
- AI-driven personalized recommendation – This will predict your shopper’s most likely next purchase and show relevant products at any purchase stage. The hundreds of signals allow the Unbxd AI to understand shoppers’ intent and affinities, driving 1:1 personalization.
- Secure, reliable, and fast – It’s SOC II compliant, and therefore it safeguards the privacy and security of organizations and shoppers. It’s also reliable, with 99.99 percent uptime. The search fetches results faster with a 65ms response time.
To get a tailored quote, you’ll have to request demo on the Unbxd website.
You can contact Unbxd team via email, contact form, or the US phone number on their website.
- Good development and technical support
- Strong and reliable service
- Handles a large catalog without hiccups
- There are no integration facilities for lower version apps or platform
SearchNode is a SaaS search platform for big e-commerce businesses. It uses advanced natural language processing, automation capabilities, and self-learning to recommend relevant products to shoppers. Some big companies using SearchNode are Senukai, Castorama, MediaMarkt, etc.
- Contextual filters – SearchNode enhances search results with dynamic facets and filters. Advanced automation algorithms will analyze each search query’s content and then select the relevant facets and filters.
- Related searches – SearchNode will automatically predict the shopper’s following query.
- Merchandising – It has an automatic seasonality feature that enables ranking algorithms to track user behavior, adjusting search ranking based on a season or event.
- Autocomplete – SearchNode smart query can display phrases within product categories and make intelligent suggestions on all types of content, leading to a highly converting online experience for clients.
SearchNode offers a free trial, and for more information about the pricing plan, you’ll have to contact the vendor.
To reach on SearchNode customer service, you’ll need to ace their “contact us” page. There is a form that can be filled in and mobile contact details.
- No data analyst is needed since algorithms can self-learn
- Better conversion rates
- Improved search UI/UX
- Lack of statistic feedback on developer’s console
- It takes time to receive feedback regarding improvements
Yext has a site search that understands natural language and puts dynamic answers on websites or applications. Some of the companies using Yext are Zimmerman Advertising LLC, Blackfriar’s group, or Comcast Corporation.
- AI search – Yext delivers direct answers instead of hyperlinks. This is done by leveraging natural language processing (NLP) to understand the context of search queries.
- Knowledge graph – Yext has a knowledge graph to give your insight into your brand. It will gather information about store location, product offerings, job openings, etc. This will provide actionable answers to questions people are often asking.
- Natural language understanding – It uses artificial intelligence to contextualize query terms. This will determine query intent and returns entities that are the best match.
- Documents search – Yext document search algorithm can search through long unstructured documents like articles returning results based on the relevance of the query. This will deliver user questions seamlessly.
For pricing, you’ll have to request a demo on their website.
You can contact their sales team using the contact us page by filling out a form. Another option is to use social media links on their website.
- Easy to use interface with customization abilities
- Updates its network of web directories quickly
- The prices might feel a bit higher than expected
Algolia is an AI-powered search and discovery platform that helps create dynamic experiences assisting businesses in maximizing the speed of inquiry and discovery. Algolia offers a hosted search and discovery API for applications and websites. It provides out-of-the-box support for every language.
- Administration – It has a dashboard that can display relevant reports and other data on one easily accessible page. It also offers the ability to integrate e-commerce software to share data and functionality.
- Search queries – Algolia is typo tolerant, has faceted search to allow users to filter and refine search results, and allows the use of synonyms for relevant search terms.
- Integration – Provides integration with e-commerce platforms and shopping cart software. It also integrates with product information management software and support integration with e-merchandising and similar retail software.
- Experimental design – Allows for multivariate testing capacities, concurrent testing, and mobile testing.
For Algolia, you subscribe for free and pay based on your usage. It offers two pricing models, Standard and Premium pricing. The pricing for Standard goes at $1 per 1000 requests a month plus 1000 records. The Premium goes at $1.5 per 1k search request a month plus 1000 records.
It offers 24/7 live support, a knowledge base, chats, an email/help desk, phone support, and FAQ forums.
- APIs and SDK with comprehensive documentation
- Index is redundant if you are a newbie to its usage or not tech-savvy
Swiftype is a cloud-based search platform that provides tools to create an advanced search experience. Swiftype goal is to deliver a tailored search experience to site visitors.
- Autocomplete – It guides the users to answers, content, or products that matter most with real-time results as soon as they type.
- Fully integrated – The Swiftype search overlay will display results on every web page without any changes to the website markup. This brings about higher engagement and results.
- Deep documentation – Swiftype has comprehensive and clear documentation the customer needs in building a search experience.
- Search refinements – Users can refine results by attributes like price, date, author, content type, or location. This is attributed to a faceted search that dynamically expands on a simple search.
Swiftype provides pricing based on three packages: Standard, Pro, and Premium. The standard package costs $79 per month and has the following features: search analytics, multilingual support, unlimited users, core search features, and crawled weekly. The pro version costs $199 per month and has these features: crawled twice daily, cross-domain search, advanced crawler settings, and document indexing. The premium version is based on custom pricing and has these fantastic features: An expert implementation tool, commercial TOS, Account manager, dedicated hardware, expertise level SLA, and expertise level security.
In case of any questions, you can look for an answer on their extensive customer portal.
- Easy to deploy and get moving even with those users with little experience
- Versatile search management tool that is adaptable to all environments
- There are no configuration options for index documents made from word or PDF format
- Takes an extremely long time to index a large website
- Because of unstructured data, sometimes the accuracy of Swiftype is not of good quality
Loop54 is an e-commerce search and navigation software-as-a-service used by NetonNet, Jula, Mekonomen, Bubbleroom, and hundreds of other online retailers. It offers a good level of flexibility, personalization, and automation. Loop54 can be implemented within days via a REST API. While most personalization tools require months of data collection, Loop54 uses small sets of data to work on thousands of rules. It supports the exploratory process of mathematical handling and rapid innovation. It creates isolated code that allows plug-and-play functionality without affecting anything else.
- Autocomplete – Loop54 provides autocomplete query suggestions and also query suggestions with preset facets.
- Self-learning of new words – Loop54 has a self-learning search engine that automatically learns new words and uses AI to find all relevant products regardless of the search query used.
- Optimal performance in any language – It supports multiple languages, which means you can implement a global site-search solution.
- Faceted search and navigation – Filters based on customers’ search queries. The search results are narrowed, and available filters are automatically updated to reflect the attributes of the remaining search results.
Loop54 offers three packages for pricing. The standard package is effective when you need a fast and relevant site search. The advanced provides a comprehensive search packed with personalization, and the enterprise package is an all-encompassing solution with unlimited flexibility and customization. However, Loop54 doesn’t provide any further pricing details.
To get more information and troubleshoot the problem, Loop54 offers online Help Centre.
- The engine is fast with low maintenance
- It's excellent and reliable with great support
- Loop AI provides personalized relevance without the need for high volumes of behavioral data
- The price is not mentioned but it's based on usage, which can be equally good or bad.; instead, they prompt you to request pricing, which is troublesome
- Admin features are lacking
- Facet naming could be made easier without manual handling
Providing an excellent site search solution to your site will improve your user’s digital shopping experience, but it’s also essential to add up to make your business succeed. This guide provided various possible solutions that combine well with your website. We also offered each product’s features and the pricing constraints to help you decide depending on your budget and preference.
Frequently asked questions
Is search important in e-commerce?
Up to 30 percent of visitors will use the search bar to navigate an e-commerce site. A site search is vital for online retailers as it leads to better usability, and customers can find products more quickly. Therefore, the site search software helps retailers and sellers by offering a better experience for customers.
How does a site search work?
The user’s search query is compared to the site search index during a search. The search function then delivers or returns a list of matched items to the online store. The search solution also performs the ranking or the order in which the results are shown. The search index is built using accessible product data and serves to speed up the search process. Because the index contains references to relevant items, the site search no longer has to go through all of the underlying material. The relevant items are therefore fetched.
What are some alternatives to Bloomreach?
Some alternatives of Bloomreach are Algolia, Enonic, Magnolia, V-Unite, Concrete CMS, and Pure360.
What is the most suitable alternative to Bloomreach?
There are several Bloomreach competitors with a range of specializations. Some Bloomreach competitors are Loop54, Swiftype, Luigi’s Box, Klevu, Syte, Celebros, Unbxd, SearchNode, Yext, and Algolia.
Barbora does magic with words in Luigi's Box as a product marketing specialist. She got into writing while studying at university as a volunteer for various civic associations. Besides being part of Luigi's Box marketing team, she co-organizes the TEDxBratislava conference, where she cares about marketing and PR.More blog posts from this author